13 december 2013

Scrapbook - My first challenge at Let's Scrap.com

So this was my first challenge ever! 
The Challenge at Let's Scrap was called: "Chipboard Frenzie" - we had to play around with chipboard (a few pieces, not just one) and we could paint, emboss, chalk, distress or cover the pieces. Because I just started scrapping I didn't have much chipboard, but I really wanted to participate so I decided just to go for it...  This is why the letters 'CAMP' are the only chipboard pieces in this lay-out.

The technique I used for covering my chipboard was that I spray-painted the letters with white paint. After that I used Ranger's Distress Crackle Paint (vintage photo) and black acrylic paint to get this old, vintage look. A member of Let's Scrap said the chipboard looked a little like cork. Because you have to work with a lay-out sketch made by Let's Scrap, I choose this one:


These are the materials I started to work with. I used almost everything in the final 
lay-out, except for the bear and the sparkly butterflies. They just didn't seem to fit in:














This is the end result:



Member Michelle's reaction: 
"Stunning layout... Love all the elements you used... great job... 
Well done on doing your first challenge!  You rocked it."

And member Joyce said:
"Love all your embellishments, from the torn map behind 
all the way to the baker's twine on top!"


So tell me what YOU think of it!

1 opmerking: